disclaimer

The contents of this Web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Tomorrow I will be on my way out to Ocotepeque to celebrate Christmas with some friends. People keep asking me if I´m sad not to be at home, and the honest answer is that right now I can´t even believe it´s already December! It´s defenitely sad when I think about people at home celebrating together and getting to see eachother, however, it is very hard for me to truly think of it as Christmas here because it is about 70 degrees and sunny...I´ve never lived in a place where there is no snow during December! I´ve tried to get some spirit in my apartment with lots of xmas music, a mini tree and lots of cookies, but it still feels a bit false. Maybe we will do some caroling in Ocotepeque? :)

I hope everyone at home is having a great holiday season! I miss everyone....
Happy Holidays!!
love,
me

No comments: